When To Call Our Burn Unit

Most burns are minor injuries caused by hot water, a curling iron, touching a hot stove, etc. Home treatment is usually all that is needed for a minor burn to heal properly. However, a more serious burn must receive immediate medical attention to prevent infection and threat to surrounding tissue.

If you suffer any of the following burns, call our burn center:
  • ANY burn to the face, hands, genitalia or major joints - regardless of size.
  • ANY chemical burn.
  • ANY electrical burn.


When in doubt, call us at (337) 470-2603.