Acadiana's Best Choice for Breast Health
One in eight U.S. women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in her life. All across Acadiana, more women are trusting Lourdes Imaging with their breast health. Why? No other imaging center in the area matches our level of expertise. Under the guidance and expertise of specialized breast radiologist Dr. Jamie Joseph, Lourdes Imaging is Acadiana's best choice for mammography and breast imaging.
Call 470-SCAN to book your appointment or schedule your screening mammogram online by clicking the button below.
Lourdes Imaging is:
- An American College of Radiology (ACR) Breast Center of Excellence
- The first ACR Accredited MRI Breast Center in Lafayette
- A Comprehensive Breast Center in Lafayette with two convenient locations
- The first Breast Center in Acadiana to have a fellowship trained radiologist specializing in mammography
Lourdes Imaging services include:
- All mammograms read by in-house radiologists, not by out-of-state doctors.
- Same day and extended hours appointments to accommodate your schedule.
- One call scheduling at 470-SCAN (7226)
- Breast tomosynthesis*, or 3-D mammography
- Digital mammography** with CAD (Computer-Aided Detection)
- Breast MRI with CAE (Computer-Aided Evaluation)
- Breast ultrasound
- Tomosynthesis/Stereotactic guided breast biopsy
*Breast tomosynthesis is a 3-dimensional (3-D) imaging technology that takes multiple x-ray images of each breast from many angles.
**Digital mammograms send x-rays through the breast tissue to create images that are turned into electric signals and stored in a computer, like a digital camera. Digital mammograms may be more effective for women under 50 years of age, women with dense breast tissue, and women who have not yet experienced menopause. Lourdes Imaging offers Digital Mammography with CAD, or Computer-Aided Detection at all of our facilities.
***Dense breasts have less fatty tissue, making it more difficult for mammograms to detect breast cancer. Women with dense breasts should practice monthly self-exams, receive an annual breast exam from a physician and get a digital mammogram yearly starting at age of 40. Lourdes Imaging offers many options for women with dense breasts, including digital mammography, MRI (magnetic resonance imaging), breast ultrasound and breast tomosynthesis.
Schedule Your Screening Mammogram ONLINE
Scheduling your mammogram has never been so easy. Simply click the button at the top of this page to schedule your appointment online. You will receive a confirmation email to assure you that your appointment is set.
Please note: All appointments require physician orders. We have two convenient ways to get those orders to us.
- You may bring a copy of your orders with you to your appointment.
- Email your orders securely before your appointment to LIN@LourdesRMC.com.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to give us a call (337) 470-SCAN. We look forward to your visit.