Thank you for choosing Our Lady of Lourdes for your surgical care. Below you will find important information about your surgery and pre-admission to our facility.
Once scheduled for a procedure, all patients are REQUIRED to visit the pre-admit department. Please expect a phone call to schedule a pre-admit visit but we encouraged all patients to call and schedule once leaving the ordering physician. This may be done by the patient or patient's physician's office.
All current medications in their original bottles (prescription and over-the-counter medications, eye/ear drops) should be brought with the patient to their pre-admit appointment.
The pre-admit department is available from 7am to 5pm Monday - Friday (except holidays) at (337) 470-2955. After hours pre-admitting is available by following the instructions below.
The Pre-Admit Department is located at:
4809 Ambassador Caffery Pkwy. (James Devin Moncus Medical Office Building)
Pre-Admitting After Hours
If pre-admitting for a surgery after the Pre-Admit Department is closed, patients may pre-admit in our Emergency Room. Patients should go to the ER registration desk on the second floor of the hospital and let the receptionist know that they are here to pre-admit for a procedure. Please note: that our ER can be accessed by parking in the ER parking lot and taking the elevator to the second floor or a patient may be dropped off ER entrance at the top of the ramp located at the rear of the hospital.
Arrival Time: You will receive a call from the hospital or your physician the afternoon prior to your scheduled procedure. If you have not received a phone call by 4:00 pm the evening prior, please call (337) 470.2201 or (337) 470.2202. The time given to you is the time you are to arrive, not your surgery start time. Your surgery should start within a few hours of arrival. Our Lady of Lourdes values your time, but please understand that on occasion, there are unforeseen delays.
Dos and Don’ts before surgery:
- Nothing to eat or drink after midnight, including water, ice or chewing gum unless instructed by your physician or the pre-admit nurse.
- Please arrange to have someone drive you home
- Shower or bathe the night before and the morning of surgery with antibacterial soap
- Please bring CPAP/BIPASAP machine if applicable
- Please bring identification card and insurance card
- Do not smoke for 12 hours or drink alcohol for 24 hours prior to your procedure
- Notify your physician if you develop any signs of illness during the days immediately before your surgery such as cold, flu, fever, cough, sore throat, ear ache, muscle aches, vomiting, diarrhea rashes or open wounds.
For diabetics only
- May take nighttime oral diabetic medication and insulin, unless instructed otherwise by your physician
- Do not take oral morning diabetic medications the morning of the surgery unless instructed by your physician
For children only
- Bring a bottle or sippy cup for after surgery
- Bring pacifier, special blanket, or stuffed animal for comfort/security
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany a minor scheduled for surgery. If you are a legal guardian, proof of legal guardianship must be presented.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of surgery.